Here are a few tips to enjoying the day:
- Don't pop in a DVD, right away (save that as a last resort!)
- Go down to the lake front and play ping pong, in the boathouse.
- Call the local amusements to see if there is a craft or game room!
- Go outside, anyway (bring raingear! Puddle jumping is in your future)
- Play cards or games! We have several to choose from.
- Make movie time an EVENT! Get icecream, pop popcorn and build a for (even if they are made from umbrellas, like this one). Have the kids color invitations for the next cottage. With the right amount of enthusiasm, this movie preparation will end up feeling like a party.
- Last tip is one you need to do before you come: make a list of rainy-day activities BEFORE you arrive. Save your trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame or one of our other museums for a bad weather day. NOTE: arrive early in the morning or later in the afternoon to avoid the midday crush!