Visit Cooperstown, New York. Stay at four different B&B’s, for 2 nights each. Enjoy 2 rounds of golf, gift certificates at 8 restaurants, a boat rental and a fishing trip as the activities on your Cooperstown vacation. Each raffle costs only $10 (6 for $50) and the proceeds? All of it –every bit of it goes to the ROMEOS – to help send kids to summer camp. The R.O.M.E.O.S (Retired Old Men Eating Out) have been an active fundraising committee in Central Florida. This group raises thousands of dollars each year through golf tournaments. This year, they have decided to put together a prize package that will knock your socks off
Lodging (during September 2016):
· Two Nights at Overlook Bed & Breakfast
· Two Nights at White House Inn
· Two Nights at Loncher B&B
· Two Nights at Baseball Bed & Breakfast
Food and Meals:
· Complimentary breakfast each morning, at the B&B
· Gift Certificate at Blue Mingo Grill
· Gift Certificate at Mel’s at 22
· Gift Certificate at Lake Front Restaurant
· Gift Certificate at N Y Pizza
· Gift Certificate at Jerry’s Place
· Gift Certificate at Council Rock Brewery & Pub
Gift Certificates for souvenirs:
· Fly Creek Cider Mill
· Village Cobbler Gift Shop
· Sam Smith’s Boatyard & Store
Outdoor Activities & Adult Tasting Rooms:
· Cooperstown Distillery
· Cooperstown Brewery
· Pail Shop Vinyards
· Meadow Links Golf Course
· Canasawacta Golf Course
· Half-day pontoon-boat rental on Otsego Lake
· 3-hour fishing trip on Lake Otsego
The R.O.M.E.O.S are a group of men that want badly to make a difference in our youth. So, they talk about it, while they eat and golf…and they raise an incredible amount of money for a bunch of old guys!
· They send 50 children to summer camp, each summer, at the Christian Church Conference Center in Silver Springs
· They contribute sporting equipment to the before-school Physical-Education program at Wildwood Elementary School
· They give two major scholarships to students going to college, and graduating from Wildwood High School, each year.
· They give generously to Project Legacy which helps programs and children in need in the Lake and Sumter County area.
The astounding thing about this organization is that 99.6% of the proceeds from all of their fundraising goes to the programs and the children they support. There is barely any overhead – these men just want to make a difference! Well, the R.O.M.E.O.S are going to continue to make a difference, again in 2016, by sending some lucky couple to Cooperstown on a 9-day vacation – with the chance to see literally ALL the village of Cooperstown has to offer. For only $10. How can you buy a raffle ticket and support this campaign, hopefully landing you on a vacation of a lifetime? Simply call John Miller, the Co-Chair at 352-303-3967 and he’ll mail you your raffle tickets. That's easy!!